Universal Messaging Suite™
Voice and Video Messaging (OVM)
Voice and Video Messaging (OVM), a component of Openwave Messaging’s Universal Messaging Suite™ allows service providers to offer large-scale, carrier-grade IP voice and video messaging service using state-of-the-art IP, SIP, VoiceXML and CCXML technologies. Built on Openwave Messaging’s Mx Messaging Platform, OVM offers a fully featured and flexible voice and video messaging solution.
OVM supports voice call processing through a fully scripted telephony, web and speech user interface. A full set of voice messaging features and user interface emulations are available. The platform supports full customization based on provider requirements. Extensive consumer and commercial features provide more options for subscribers’ messaging needs at work and at home.
- Extensible architecture - OVM incorporates the industry-standard VoiceXML and CCXML scripted languages, allowing easy integration with third-party technologies and systems over open interfaces, plus the flexibility to implement new services.
- Scalable and reliable - OVM supports millions of subscribers with a fast and reliable service that easily scales horizontally and vertically.
- IMS-compliant architecture - OVM is designed using IP and SIP technologies, and is IMS ready. OVM is also deployable on traditional networks through the inclusion of media gateways at the edge of the network.
- Flexible - A single platform supports voice, video, email and fax messages, plus additional message types. On-the-fly filtering and formatting support rich notification services on a variety of transports.
- Cost efficient -The IP-based architecture allows service providers to deploy services to a large subscriber segment by incorporating low-cost, high-volume hardware with the operational simplicity and cost effectiveness of a single message store and directory.
- Convenient - A streamlined messaging experience with voice and fax messages in one mailbox.
- Personalized - A personalized mailbox with a variety of greetings such as caller ID-based, celebrity and group greetings.
- Notification - Subscribers stay connected to their messages through notification features such as message waiting indicators, cut - through paging, scheduled notifications and aggregated text messages via SMTP and SMPP for missed call notifications.
- IP voice messaging
- Voicemail deposit into a single mailbox
- Message delivery options
- Voice distribution lists
- Notification of new messages
- Localized voice prompts
- Creation of one or more personalized greetings including caller ID, celebrity and group greetings
- Visual access though Rich Mail
- Novelty greetings
- Lost call notifications
- Linked mailboxes
- Text to speech - Speech to text
- Automatic speech recognition
The commercial feature set includes all of the consumer features, plus the following additional features designed specifically for the commercial market:
- Commercial group distribution lists
- Transfer to operator
- Bulletin board mailboxes
- Personal-to-commercial linked mailbox
- Call processing mailboxes
- Enhanced Call Processing (ECP) mailbox
- Auto Attendant (AA) mailbox
- Dial By Name (DBN) mailbox
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.