Universal Messaging Suite™
Smart User Repository and Identity Management
Our Smart User Repository (SUR) takes its origin from large scale, high performance mobile telecom applications where near real-time conditions are required (1 ms latency search) from large databases in geographically disperse areas.
The Universal Messaging Suite™ Subscriber and Identity Management components include a SUR (Smart User Repository), Identity Management, and SSO (Single Sign On). The SUR is a highly scalable, highly reliable user data storage solution that offers high speed, low latency, user profile and policy access to help service providers manage the increasing data traffic. The repository stores and delivers subscriber policies across large distributed networks in real time to support policy enforcement at a granular level (per flow, per transaction, etc.). It is a fully compliant 3GPP User Data Repository (UDR) that acts as a single storage component enabling the separation of mobile network applications (such as PCRF, HSS, AAA, etc) from user persistent data storage.
Identity Management has long been and still is a complex matter for service providers that deal with user access authentication. The Identity Management component with SSO support features and usage profile delivers better resilience in extreme conditions than those produced by enterprise directory vendors. SAMLv2 and Oauth support will be added in upcoming releases for authentication ranging from low level AAA type authentication, to HTTP based applications authentication, all from a single user profile database.
- Proven reliability and scalability - Deployments of over 20M subscribers; is tested for up to 300M subscribers; largest deployment serves more than 115M subscribers with 99.999% availability.
- Significant total cost of ownership (TCO) savings - Leverage standard Intel based HW platform with Solid State Disk (SSD) and Linux OS.
- Real-time data retrieval - Returns single entry requests in real time (less than one millisecond); rapid responses ensure continued customer satisfaction.
- Scalability - Linear write and notification.
- Open standards - Supports LDAP v3, DIAMETER, SAMLv2 and 3GPP UDR standards (Ud).
Master/Replica Architecture - A Master server is used to accept and distribute provisioning operations, while Replica servers contain a partial or full set of the Master data and are used to serve lookup requests at a very high rate.
- Ensures low replication load on the Master via lightweight replication mechanism to facilitate linear system growth costs.
- Feeds Replicas from any Master Server of a Master Cluster, enabling horizontal scalability of more Replicas with minimal additional hardware investment.
- Optimized replica design yields high density throughput and low TCO and allows serving search requests with 1 ms latency even at peak usage.
- Multilevel replication allows scaling the system to 100’s and 1000’s of nodes to provide millions of TPS’s.
- Supports geographic distribution to ensure low latency for every request
- Supports Replica storage in-memory or disk. LDAP and Diameter interfaces are served natively from the Replicas.
- Uses advanced auto-load feature to turn Replicas on with no data pre-loading.
Notification Server - Acts as a Replica but serves data change notifications to subscribing client applications.
- Allows notifications at attribute, entry or tree level on the whole database or for a sub-group of entries.
- Entirely non-blocking, operates independent of the core system allowing to scale separately.
- Support for User Data Convergence Notify message (3GPP 29.335).
Advanced Administrative Capabilities - An exhaustive set of administration features are available to simplify the management of the large scale geo-graphically distributed deployments.
- Schema Management GUI tool
- Automatic distribution of schema updates
- Geo-redundant configuration server
- Self-managed replicas with automatic resynchronization routines
- Multi-tenant and cloud services models
- On-the-fly data compression
- Automated replica backup and recovery
- Continuous service operation during upgrades
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org