Universal Messaging Suite™
Multimedia Messaging Service Center
The Universal Messaging Suite™ Multimedia Messaging Service Center (MMSC) is a flexible, complete, carrier-scale multimedia-messaging platform that provides a superior user experience across multiple handsets and devices. The MMSC is architected as a distributed IP-based system whose mechanisms for inter-system and inter-process communications have been carefully designed and tested in many carrier-scale deployments to deliver superior scalability, reliability, high availability and performance. It is compliant to the OMA, 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards. The technology for the MMSC has been in use for many years and today supports millions of feature and smart phone subscribers.
- High Availability - 99.999% availability at a Tier-1 US customer.
- Best-in-class Integrated Transcoding - Built in transcoder that provides transcoding in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Best User Experience Across Handset Types - Support for the latest standards allows Openwave Messaging to provide the best user experience across all mass-market handsets.
- Core Messaging Technologies - Built on technologies that have deployed in networks worldwide, supporting millions of messaging subscribers. It is also based on those core messaging technologies and competencies (independent MIME store, LDAP directory and SMTP/MTA servers) that best support email users and provide state-of-the-art anti- abuse technology (anti-spam, anti-virus).
- Sophisticated Multi-provider Hosted Environment – An industry-leading virtual MMSC capability enables providers to support multiple brands or multiple providers within the same logical and physical deployment, allowing for further OPEX reduction.
- MMBox capabilities - Allows the user to save their MMS messages on a central message store, accessible anywhere from their mobile device or web portal.
- Centralized configuration and management - Enables easy configuration and monitoring.
- End-user protection - Provides edge protection of MM1, MM3, MM4 and MM7 interfaces that include basic parental controls with accept/deny lists and filtering to ignore/reject anonymous messages, thereby reducing spam and unnecessary network traffic.
- Enhanced A2P processing - Efficient handling of application-to-person messaging so a single message can be sent to large number of recipients. Providers can launch A2P campaigns with little impact on P2P traffic.
- Relay extension framework - Enables providers to modify regular message processing and invoke external applications to provide enhanced services and introduce new services on the platform.
- STI interface - Standards-based interface to an external transcoder. This functionality allows the service provider to choose the transcoder that they intend to use for their network.
- Flexible billing - Allows service providers to bill based on types of messages, types of interfaces, message size, message count and more. Providers are in control of monetizing their service offerings.
- IPv6 support - Designed to solve many of the problems of IPv4, including mobility, auto-configuration, and overall extensibility. IPv6 expands the address space on the Internet and supports a nearly unlimited number of devices that can be directly connected to the Internet.
- Interoperability - Seamless with other MMSCs.
- Web-based - Personal and public gallery of images, audio, video files and MMS messages, including uploads from handset to personal gallery.
- Auto-provisioning - Mobile Originated and Terminated.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.