Universal Messaging Suite™
Email is a key communication tool. Despite the emergence of new technologies such as Social Networking and Instant Messaging, email is still a critical part of today’s global society. Consumers and enterprises rely on email for secure, confidential, and permanent messages, and email addresses have become the registration and digital ID for all social media applications and our digital world. The past few years have also seen a significant change in subscriber expectations when it comes to message and content storage. Subscribers now expect their email service provider to offer infinite storage with ubiquitous access from any device. Service providers must find solutions that meet subscribers’ demanding expectations while also keeping their storage costs under control. A flexible email platform that is open and innovative to future technology discoveries is a key asset.
Email Mx is at the heart of the Mx Messaging Platform of the Universal Messaging Suite™. It is a carrier-scale messaging service that utilizes a distributed data store to deliver virtually infinite horizontal scalability with true five-9s reliable performance. It provides a rich, high-performance messaging experience across wireline and wireless networks at a lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Its features include out-of-the box administration tools, support for large storage volumes, extensive sort and search capabilities, configurable integration with billing, provisioning and other network functions, and Active/Active Geo-redundancy that provides simultaneous access to a mailbox from multiple data centers. With Email Mx, subscribers can enjoy a feature-rich messaging product with comprehensive abuse protection from unwanted advertising, dangerous viruses and phishing attacks.
- Industry-leading architecture - Designed to scale and support millions of subscribers with fast, reliable performance. Email Mx leverages the Cassandra distributed database technology to significantly reduce storage and operational costs and offer easy, incremental capacity expansion. The combination of commodity based storage, on the fly compression to reduce network and bandwidth requirements, a low cost solution for search and indexing, and reduced OPEX costs from message store resilience all combine to lower TCO.
- Extensible, future proof platform - Enables maximum customization, flexibility and control with a robust and open API. Index and search capabilities enable new rich content views, conversation views, and cross-application and attachment searching. Ready for future needs with IPv6 and 64-bit support.
- Cloud enabled with open interfaces for maximum flexibility - Email Mx is designed to work on premise, and in private, hybrid or public cloud environments. It supports a S3 interface for storage.
- Optimized for mobile access - Email Mx’s industry leading IMAP implementation allows for highly scalable simultaneous IMAP Mobile Access.
- Seamless integration with a powerful User Interface module (Rich Mail) - Email Mx supports a direct, full-featured interface with Rich Mail. The Rich Mail user interface delivers familiar and fast email preview, drag and drop, contextual right-click menus and in-line images, and enables new revenue opportunities through the insertion of contextual hyperlinks within email text. Rich Mail capabilities include contextual advertising, commerce (music, videos, photos), information (location, traffic, news) and voice services (VoIP, video calling).
Email Mx supports many premium email and messaging features including:
- Single inbox for SMS, MMS, email and voicemail, with support for multi-modal access.
- Customizable and configurable feature sets to create the optimal user experience.
- Mobile email using the IMAP IDLE standard.
- Index and search to enable new rich content views, conversation views and cross-application and attachment searching.
- Nearly limitless capacity mailboxes.
- Very Large Quota (VLQ) support that improves performance by using a different data- sharing model for large accounts.
- Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) moves infrequently accessed messages to lower-cost storage.
- High-performance access to multi-gigabyte mailboxes under load significantly improves the user experience.