Universal Messaging Suite™
For years broadband and mobile providers have been trying to protect their subscribers from the growing volume of messaging abuse in an effort to reduce churn and stop rising costs associated with spam and viruses. The Universal Messaging Suite™ (UMS) Edge Gx product provides carrier-scale reliability and real-time protection against all types of attacks – from directory and denial-of-service attacks, to spam, virus and phishing attacks. The three levels of defense in Edge Gx include sophisticated network controls, leading-edge content filtering and end-user controls. All three provide maximum protection against current and emerging spammer and malware capabilities while stopping abuse closest to the source.
Spammers and hackers exploit the smallest loopholes to reach subscribers. Effectively fighting abuse requires a full range of detection techniques. Several solutions offer a range of techniques, but they provide no way to create inter-dependencies or measure the effectiveness of each technique. Edge Gx provides a complete arsenal of anti-abuse techniques within a unique voting framework that stops abuse closest to the source. TCO is dramatically reduced when abuse is detected without the need for more costly filtering. Rich reporting capabilities enable operators to quickly assess the relative effectiveness of each technique and modify workflow as needed.
- Increases subscriber satisfaction and retention, making messaging easy and worry-free.
- Reduces TCO by blocking abuse closer to the source without additional filtering.
- Protects the provider’s reputation with comprehensive outbound abuse controls.
- Facilitates sales of desktop-cleaning and protection services.
- Offers a choice of the industry’s most effective, carrier-grade phishing, spam and virus filtering services.
- Seamlessly integrates with UMS’s Email Mx, providing out-of-the-box support for SMTP authentication, differentiated anti-abuse services by customer segment, and downstream services such as legal intercept.
- Works with the UMS SMS Gateway and UMS MMSC to deliver SMS and MMS abuse protection.
- Shared server intelligence - Edge Gx employs real-time data sharing across all servers, thus building intelligence into the system to prevent hijackers and spammers from exploiting multi-server networks. Shared server intelligence is necessary for operators to strictly enforce Acceptable Use Policies (AUPs).
- Effective outbound protection and value-added service enablement - Outbound protection is critical to operators. Many providers have faced email deliverability issues after finding themselves on a blacklist. Edge Gx provides a range of security and mail flow control features to block outbound abuse. For the strongest outbound protection, Edge Gx seamlessly integrates with Email Mx to support SMTP authentication and authentication-level message throttling. Its reports identify subscribers with a zombie PC so operators can proactively notify and up-sell desktop protection services.
- Choice of industry’s leading content filtering - Openwave Messaging closely partners with Cloudmark, Commtouch and McAfee to offer a choice of the industry’s leading content filtering solutions. Each partner has been carefully selected for their ability to deliver maximum effectiveness in handling current and emerging abuse threats while providing carrier-scale reliability.
- Zero-hour spam, phishing and virus detection - A single malware can send one billion messages in under three hours. Most solutions on the market were designed without the understanding of current malware capabilities; they leave subscribers and operators vulnerable for hours. Solutions that employ human editors, heuristic content analysis and time-consuming signatures simply cannot respond fast enough to today’s attacks. Openwave Messaging’s partner solutions are proven to shrink the vulnerability gap from hours to minutes.
- Mobile virus detection and cleaning - Edge Gx offers McAfee Virus Scan Engine as a standalone solution or as a supplement to zero-hour virus detection. Either option provides malware cleaning and protection against smaller outbreaks.
- Simple, centralized management - With Edge Gx, providers have centralized control over all activity on the messaging network.
- Proven, carrier-scale performance - Edge Gx supports carrier-grade throughput rates, eliminating the occurrence of bottlenecks at the network edge. The superior performance is proven every day as Edge Gx is deployed in multiple operators around the globe and protects millions of subscribers.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.